16 December 2013

India Love . . . 3, 2, 1: Settling In.






Like most adventures that I go on, I don't do a lot of research or preparation up front. I basically sign up for things months in advance and then forget about them until the day I leave. It's a habit. And people have tried to tell me that it's a bad habit, but I don't know if it is. I think when you over-research things, it gets a little ridiculous and you don't end up having as much fun because you feel so tied to doing this, that, and the other. I say go forth, balls out. Do plan, but don't over plan. I came to India with two pairs of sandals and a bathing suit. People in Singapore told me that it would be cold here. I didn't believe them because people in Singapore think it's cold when it's 80 degrees outside. Thankfully I also brought 3 pairs of pants, jeans, and 2 pairs of leggings. And thank all things holy that I brought a coat and a pair of tennis shoes. For it is cold and it is wonderful! It's not Canada-cold, mind you. But it's cold enough to warrant scarves and a coat. I love, love, love the weather here. LOVE IT! And it feels Christmas-y! Yay! Holiday cheer! I also came to India not prepared to buy a SIM card for my phone. However--turns out--I need one to be in contact with the other resident artists and some of my friends who will be visiting. I was expecting WIFI somewhere in Delhi, but nowhere I have gone has it. Boo. To get a SIM card in India takes a bit of hoop jumping. I need two passport photos and a copy of all of my particulars (passport, Singapore work card, Indian Visa, etc.) So basically by the time I leave India, I'll be able to have a SIM card and phone service in India. Convenient, no? What goes with no phone service? No Instagram or WhatsApp. I feel as though my thumbs have been cut off. Such a disconnect. Alas, I think I will be able to live. And who knows, maybe that little SIM card will come through just in time for me to post a Taj Mahal pic. Next week, people. We shall see. Carry on . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Loving this Lindsey. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ms. G! Can't wait to share more: I never want to leave! It's magical here!

      Delete