I'm in Sri Lanka, but it's time for my most loved list of the year: my favorite videos of 2015!!!
I am an avid music video watcher. I do not watch cat or baby videos on YouTube. (Okay, I occasionally watch cat videos.) But I love, love, love watching good, old-fashioned music videos. I'm addicted to it: I've been watching and obsessing over music videos since I was roughly 7 years old. I like the colors used, the placement of the people involved, the settings, the interactions, and sometimes the dances (if any). Very rarely is music the major part of it for me . . . I know that sounds weird. But it's the combination of everything that I am most interested in. The music might be great alone, but it might not be. And that's okay! Together--with the visuals--these 15 videos plum knock my socks off.
So the following list does not only contain polished and punchy-colored music videos as we know them in the traditional sense. Music-inspired videos and things I found funny on the interwebs are included, as well. And I went a little overboard this time around! I had a hard time editing!
So without further ado, here are my favorite videos from 2015 (in no particular order).
1. Donnie Trumpet & the Social Experiment - I never would have made it through March and April of this year without this song. I needed a mantra. Something that was positive and forward thinking. Sunday Candy was it for me . . . And Chance's newest release is just as good! I really like how he writes his music and the way he interacts with the community. He's so great!
2. Kendrick Lamar.
3. Major Lazer and DJ Snake, featuring MØ.
4. Missy Elliot.
5. Amy Schumer.
6. Childish Gambino.
See also, from last year . . . So. Much. Talent.
8. OK Go.
9. The Weeknd - I actually didn't like this song when I first heard it. What drew me to this song was his live performance of it on the VMA's. So much energy!
10. Justin Bieber - this is the first time I have ever listened to Justin Bieber. These two videos are great, though. The artistry displayed in both is incredible (dance and a community drawing event.) Love!
And this song . . . Skrillex and Diplo featuring the Biebs.
11. Naughty Boy Featuring Beyonce.
See also, Beyonce live . . .
12. Ellen DeGeneres on Jimmy Fallon.
13. Adele with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots.
14. Willow Smith.
Let's look back at how awesome her dad is . . . Such an influence on my 6th grade self!
15. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Jimmy Fallon and Lionel Ritchie.
Karl Lagerfeld featuring Pharrell Williams, Cara Delevingne, & Geraldine Chaplin.
The Gay Beards.
President Obama's Hotline Bling.