22 July 2012

26 Ways to Spend 26 Hours On A Plane . . .

1.  Make a playlist called Singapore-Bound.  Include songs like this, this, and this.  Pop in earbuds, hit shuffle.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.

2.  Contemplate Lionel Ritchie's life.  (Sitting for long periods of time can drudge up all sorts of things.)  My analysis:  quite the talented and career-driven young man!


3.  Photograph clouds.  You would think this would get boring.  (It doesn't.)




4.  Eat.  China Southern gave us 3 meals and free drinks during the Pacific flyover.  American Airlines take note--food and drinks should be served at no extra cost!!  

It was very disciplined, though:  the lights came on, we were instructed to wake-up and put our seats upright, eat, they collected the trays, and then the lights went out again.  And, you never knew when it was going to happen.  It was a bit startling, I suppose like eating in prison . . . And, everything was hyper-colored:  I loved it!!


5.  I thought about where I was and where I am going . . . And, how interesting and relatively small the world is.  And, how 10 years ago, I never would have imagined I would be in Asia.  Life is so crazy sometimes.

6.  Analyze and appreciate the lyrics to TI and Rihanna's song, Live Your Life.  "Ain't got no time for no haters."


7.  Write this blog post.


8.  Listen to upset children.  Children were crying on my flights stateside, but not during the 15 hour cross-Pacific flight.  There is something to this, I think:  could be the size of the aircraft, or the fact that China Southern kept us very well fed (as opposed to American Airlines), or the cabin temperature, maybe even the differences in parenting styles.  I just thought it was an interesting observation.  

9.  Watch (and re-watch) a priceless performance of Gin and Juice at The Lipstick Lounge, performed by some of the most amazing and wonderful people I have ever-met-ever!  Mr. Newton gives an especially dramatic and stoic performance during this taping . . . Emma finally notices the camera at the end, which is hilarious.


10.  Drink.  (Water, people.)  Hydration station. 

11.  Look fondly at pictures from going-away parties past.






12.  Be one with turbulence.  I'm not even kidding about this . . . It will happen and happen often.  Just let go and ride that son-of-a-bitch out!

13.  Plan future--unseen--apartment's decor.  Guided apartment hunting begins tomorrow morning at 930am.  Excited!!

14.  Think about how much laughing took place over the past 2 months . . . 


15.  Try to navigate ways to control my hair in Singapore's humidity. I need my hair to be reasonable, attractive, and practical all at once . . . Ideas welcomed.








16.  Contemplate survival tactics in case of a plane crash.  (Great source of entertainment for my imagination, albeit morose.)


17.  Plan exact amount of time it will take me to check-in and get organized before I can go to the hotel's rooftop pool.  (I failed to include the time it took me to find an adapter for plugging in my computer and passing out on the bed for 4 hours.)


18.  Examine best inspirational sources for upcoming water project's music.  This project is being completed with a team of artists, aiming to present the work at the Singapore Fringe festival in early 2014 . . . 

19.  Edit images.  Well, jack up the color a bit with iPhoto.  I'm not sure that's really considered editing, but it works for me.  

20.  Sleep.  ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.

21.  Curse American Airlines for charging $141 for my third checked bag.

22.  Miss my nephews.  My sweet boys having fun in the sun in Florida!


23.  Agree with self to buy a violin over the next year and start practicing for music competitions.

24.  Read.  Or, read.


25.  Watch soundless snippets of Wrath of The Titans, The Office, 24, and 21 Jump Street over the shoulders of other passengers.  

26.  Be thankful and gracious about how I got here and what it took to make this happen . . . 

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Raan would be so impressed with number 23!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I totally forgot about him after he kicked me out! :)

    ReplyDelete