03 June 2009

The day I thought I could groom a dog . . .

I live a very DIY lifestyle. So, when asked if I needed to make an appointment with the groomers or do it myself, naturally I chose to do it myself . . .

Since I am leaving for Baltimore on Friday, I decided that grooming Charlotte myself would be a fabulous way to bond . . . I mean, all of the supplies are right in front of me, how hard could this be?


Charlotte was a great sport throughout the bathing process.

She was even a great sport throughout the hair-drying process.

It was only during the second full hour of solid hair-drying that we both sort of thought, WOW . . . This is kind of exhausting (not to mention, the whole bonding thing was completely lost) . . .

Note: when deciding to groom your own dog, look at your dog’s coat. Do not ignore that you have a thick-coated breed.


Then, the clippers came out . . .

After an hour of shaving Charlotte’s back, I calmly set down the clippers.

Charlotte and I were tired. Four hours after we arrived, it was time to throw in the towel.

I went to the counter and booked an appointment . . .

The newly trimmed Charlotte will be revealed soon--stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment