28 December 2011

Belmont Bruin: I am one . . .



So I just finished my first semester back in graduate school (all A's, hooray!!). It was never my intention to get a second masters, but this teacher certification came with one . . . I mean: the more, the merrier--right?


I am in the Master of Arts in Teaching program at Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee. Belmont University's Master of Arts in Teaching program is designed for individuals who wish to develop careers in teaching. It's a 45 credit-hour program offered in a variety of flexible formats so students can self-pace their program of study. I am getting my certification in art.

During the past semester, I took two courses: Diverse Learners and Contemporary Issues in Education. Both were inspiring and thought-provoking. But, this program is so drastically different than the graduate program I completed in Baltimore. In this program, I do not engage with other graduate students in my field, nothing is based in art, and I take classes with sophomore undergrads. (And, I don't spend 5 days in classes . . . ) It's making me think using a whole different part of my brain, which is stimulating and exciting! We shall see what happens!


More soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment