04 December 2009

So happy to be in the recording studio . . .


This is James (aka Andrew Calhoun), the founder and president of Marksman Entertainment. He's the greatest! Quite possibly the next giant rap mogul . . . You see, Marksman will be huge.

Some of my students are making an album for James' label. And, I'm excited.

I can't even explain to you how thrilled I am. I have been listening to and studying rap and hip-hop since I was probably 7 years old. In Dallas. in Nashville. In Wisconsin and New Jersey. On MTV.

I pushed it: I kept listening and searching for new beats, sounds, and stories . . . Rap is an amazing medium.


And, then, somehow/some way, I met my students at Wide Angle and they wanted to make a album. A rap and hip hop album. And MICA had a recording booth and mixing room . . . We were set.

I am in absolute heaven. We are all having a great time making this happen.



(James, Will, Quindell, and Mike)


(Q, Offasho)


(Mike, Young Hype)


(Jeff, Gunna)

More to come, people. More to come.

2 comments: