04 October 2009

Typhoon Ondoy.

My friend Katti is from the Filipines. Last week, a typhoon hit her country.

Here is part of the email I received from Katti: "The Philippines was hit by a killer typhoon over the weekend. One of the hardest hit was my city, Marikina, where my dad and brother live. I was able to talk to them through my dad's cell phone last Saturday and they said they were fine. The first floor of the house was flooded up to the eyebrows. The fridge floated and the car was submerged. My dog swam. I have to call them again to see if they're still doing ok because I just heard in the news that there's a tropical depression coming (which basically means more rain). I am hoping they have access to drinking water and food. There was no electricity or land-line telephone communication as of Sunday."


I am asking for your help. If you are able to donate, please follow this link.

Photos of the devastation are below.





No comments:

Post a Comment