17 January 2012

Peanut Butter Drop!


A few weeks ago, my friend Marc decided to collect peanut butter. The food bank didn't fare so well on donations this past holiday. And, their number 1 request for food: peanut butter. Peanut butter is a great source of protein. Sadly, far too many people go without food these days. Actually 1 in 6 Tennesseans struggle with hunger. So Marc rallied everyone together and we each bought 1 or 2 jars. Check out Marc's message below.


"115.5 lbs of peanut butter collected so far! 78 jars! Wow. That's about 3600 sandwiches and change. And who says a small group of people can't make a difference?

Not to scare you guys (don't worry, I won't ask any more of you this year), but I can see this as an annual thing, and I can see it getting pretty big. If you're interested in hearing ideas for next year, and bringing up some of your own, I really think this could be something great for the food bank and for all of us to be a part of. Send me a personal message so we don't have to bother everyone with these group emails, and I'll organize something. I'll make a private group on Facebook and we can keep in touch.

Once again, you have all been wonderful... over 85% participation. And I guarantee that the people at the Food Bank will be very appreciative of everything you've done, so let me pass along their thanks in advance. I know it's just a couple of jars of peanut butter, but it will mean way more to someone who's hungry. Thanks again. Thanks thanks thanks I can't say it enough."

So check out your local food bank . . . Maybe there is an item you and your friends can rally around? Once or twice a year? It can make all the difference. Cultivate change.

1 comment:

  1. See also: http://secondharvestmidtn.org/guest-blogger-recent-increases-in-peanut-butter-prices-motivates-others-to-help-spread-the-love/

    ReplyDelete