13 March 2011

Green Wall Complete.


Instead of getting frustrated with the couch I had been so graciously given (thank you, Betterliving), I decided to work with it. So, most of the colors I have chosen for the house can be found somewhere in this mildly Hawaiian-inspired, floral pattern: the tomato powder red in the kitchen, the cool pink lemonade in the bathroom, and the basil leaf pictured here.

I started painting this space about a week ago and finally finished it yesterday. Across from this wall, will be the pallet wood wall. And, I still need to get some new pillows for the couch--I'm thinking pillows in a cute mustard-y pattern.


I don't have a lot of things (furniture, electronics, clothes), but I do have a lot of framed artwork and photos. I was perplexed at how I would hang all of this business in an elegant yet playful manner. Inspired by decor8, I arranged the work in a tight pattern. I like it, but I'm so used to wall items having their own breathing space that it seems really crowded to me. But, I'm going to sit with it for a while and see what happens. Charlotte seems to like everything just fine.


One thing I have found a bit frustrating with all of this painting is the touch-ups.

I live in a very old house that has been used as a rental property for millions of years. So, the paint jobs that have been previously done are not that great and the walls don't line up quite right with the molding near the ceiling or the floor. That means that my painter's tape won't stick very well, if at all. So in all of the areas where I have painted, the paint has seeped under the tape making my time spent taping a complete waste and my blood a little boil-y.

Oh well: better touch-ups done on a wall painted a fun color like basil leaf green than none at all, I say. To continued success and wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment